X-ray lightcone

Qin PENG
  • 9 Apr '18

Hi,

I want to create mock spectra of X-ray using a lightcone output of Illustris to compare with observational data (such as Suzaku or other X-ray telescopes). Do you know if there exists X-ray lightcone available based on Illustris?

Thank you and best wishes.

Dylan Nelson
  • 11 Apr '18

Hello,

There isn't any lightcone (geometry) for the full volumes, as you would want. There also aren't yet specific x-ray or SZ mock lightcones.

If you wanted to tackle this, I might get in touch with e.g. John ZuHone (and check out pyXSIM). John has some experience also with Illustris-like data sets and may already have something you could play with.

Qin PENG
  • 14 Apr '18

Yes. I know pyXSIM can generate X-ray lightcone with enzo data. But I am not sure it can really make it with Illustris data.

Qin PENG
  • 23 Apr '18

pyXSIM need the original AREPO parameter file that the simulation was run with, which the Illustris folks have not made available.

Dylan Nelson
  • 23 Apr '18

I don't think there is anything of relevance in the parameter file, probably just things which are read for convenience (i.e. the unit system, the box size). Is something else required?

Qin PENG
  • 26 Apr '18

Do you think Snyder's codes can help on this?

Dylan Nelson
  • 26 Apr '18

Hi Qin,

No, that work is focused on stellar emission and dust, i.e. rest-frame optical and IR. I asked John about this and he said he was interested to make an Illustris x-ray lightcone for testing, maybe then he can make some of the needed tweaks for pyXSIM to run on Illustris out of the box.

Qin PENG
  • 26 Apr '18

It is a good news. Thank you so much!

• Page 1 of 1