Unable to open halo catalog (file read failed)

Pablo Galan de Anta
  • 24 Mar '22

Hi,

I was working with TNG50-1 but since this morning when I'm trying to open the halo catalog it reports me this error (see the image attached):

Screenshot 2022-03-24 at 11.45.22.png

I haven't even changed the code, yesterday it run perfectly.

What could it be the reason?

P.S. it also happens when I try to open the subhalo catalog.

Thanks,
Pablo

Dylan Nelson
  • 24 Mar '22

Unfortunately we have had a problem with the filesystems holding the data, today. This will take a few days to fix at least.

I am adding a "red banner" note about this to the webpage now.

Pablo Galan de Anta
  • 24 Mar '22

Ah, I see.

Thanks for the advertisement.

Cheers,
Pablo

Sarah Johnston
  • 27 Mar '22

Hi, I was wondering if there was any way to use the groupcat.loadHalos function and get it to skip the files which cause errors? I can't seem to load any of the data, even that which is not causing errors currently because the loadHalos (and similar functions) are just stopping at the errors.

Dylan Nelson
  • 28 Mar '22

It depends, unfortunately h5py cannot even open "damaged" HDF5 files, so you need to skip over them entirely.

You would have to make changes to groupcat.py to achieve this, but I'd suggest instead to wait a more longer for this to be resolved - it would be easy to add a bug or problem here.

Letizia Scaloni
  • 30 Mar '22

Hi, I am still having problems in downloading cutout.hdf5 files... the script I am using reports me the following error message:

HTTPError: 500 Server Error: Internal Server Error for url: https://data-eu.tng-project.org/cutout/subhalo/L35n2160TNG/99/487743/34668547.0.0.0.131588.0/?token=f6ef8d491a7e08ca2fea

Is there something that I can do in order to overcome this issue?
Thanks in advance,
Letizia

Dylan Nelson
  • 30 Mar '22

Dear Letizia,

Unfortunately not, please wait a few days for the computer admins to work on fixing the filesystem issue. Until this happens, there isn't any way around.

Letizia Scaloni
  • 30 Mar '22

I understand, thank you very much anyway.

• Page 1 of 1