Large-scale structures and subhalos

Rodrigo Freitas
  • 26 Jan '22

Hi,

I would like to know if there is any existing or upcoming catalog of filaments/voids for the TNG simulations. In the sense that I could identify the larger structure in which a subhalo lives in.

Thank you in advance!

Dylan Nelson
  • 26 Jan '22

Hi Rodrigo,

We have available the results of Disperse applied to TNG300 and TNG100 (selected snapshots). This produces of course the full skeleton, but also, for each [sub]halo, distance to the nearest filament, void, node, etc, so you can pretty easily make a definition for "filament galaxies" or similar.

If you think this would work, please drop me an email for possible usage (I don't have a timeframe for when this could be publicly released).

Or else, I would suggest that you could also try to use Disperse directly on the subhalo catalogs yourself.

Rodrigo Freitas
  • 26 Jan '22

Hi Dylan,

I was more interested in exploring this features in TNG50, so I will try the Disperse software on it. Thank you!

eunhee ko
  • 5 Feb '22

Hi,

I would also like to know if the result of Disperse applied to TNG100 is available to me. Is it one of the catalogs mentioned here?

https://www.tng-project.org/data/forum/topic/221/will-the-filaments-catalogue-be-released/

Thank you!

Dylan Nelson
  • 13 Feb '22

As a follow-up, this data catalog has now been released as Cosmic Web Distances (Disperse).

• Page 1 of 1